Even if you haven’t ridden a bike for decades, the thrill of gliding downhill for about 30 kilometers is an experience to ensure the most memorable day out of your visit to the Costa Blanca Don’t forget your camera! The views are amazing when you’re more than a mile high!
THE DOWNHILL BIKE RIDE IS UNIQUE TO THE BENIDORM AREA OF THE COSTA BLANCA.
EVERY WEEKDAY MONDAY TO FRIDAY
ALL YEAR ROUND
WITH FREE PICK UP IN BENIDORM & SURROUNDING AREAS
Aitana. Otherwise known as the rooftop of Alicante, the Sierra Aitana covers an extensive area and rises to a height of 1.557 metres above sea level. It is the highest peak in the Marina Baixa area and in the Alicante Province.
IMAGINE …. being on a mountain-bike and letting gravity take over as you glide smoothly downhill for 30 kilometres at your own pace in easily manageable sections.
IMAGINE …. just for one day, that you’re leaving the bars, beaches and bustle of the busy coast behind you and being driven more than a mile high through spectacular mountain scenery to the highest point on the Costa Blanca.
IMAGINE …. breathing pure mountain air. The scent of pine, lavender, and orange blossom. The taste of fresh spring-water.
IMAGINE …. a land of discovery with majestic mountains, dramatic gorges, fertile valleys, Moorish castles, quaint villages, abundant wildlife, soaring eagles. YOU MIGHT EVEN SEE A TIGER OR TWO!
IMAGINE …. that reality’s even better when you’re on THE FAMOUS DOWNHILL BIKE RIDE
- Pick up at your accommodation in or near to Benidorm around 9.30 am.
- A 60 minutes drive to the mountain to the top of Mt. Aitana where you’ll be fitted with a safety helmet, receive a detailed safety talk and be allocated a bike.
- Then a bike ride of about 9 kilometers to the village of Penaguila stopping on the way to ensure your comfort. Have a drink of fresh spring water while the bikes are loaded onto the trailer.
- Another downhill glide from the highest point of the ride into the village of Alcoleja.
- Drive up to the restaurant of the Safari Aitana Park for lunch at approx. 12.45 pm. Lunch is not included into the price.
- The afternoon ride leads you past the village of Sella where the Bike Ride ends.
- Into the local bar for a beverage to celebrate your achievement and receive your certificate as proof that you’ve ridden 30 kilometers through the Costa Blanca mountains.
- To finish, we drive you back to your accommodation arriving at about 4.00 pm.Bring your own packed lunch or enjoy a delicious soup/stew at the Cannibals Restaurant.
We carry fresh spring-water available at any time during the bike ride.
09:20 – 09:40 am (Albir, Altea)
09:30 – 09:40 am (Benidorm – Rincon de Loix – Upper)
09:40 – 09:50 am (Benidorm – Rincon de Loix – Lower)
09:50 – 10:00 am (Benidorm – Levante / Old Town)
10:00 – 10:10 am (Benidorm – Poniente / Old Town)
10:00 – 10:10 am (La Cala)
10:10 – 10:20 am (Villajoiosa, Orcheta, Finestrat)
Q: Do I have to be an experienced cyclist?
A: Definitely not! Many of our guests haven’t ridden a bike for decades.
Q: Is there an age limit?
A: Again, definitely not! Our oldest rider to date was 90 …. with his 68 year old son!
Q: And children?
A: Normally a minimum of about 8 years old, providing they are at least 4′ 0″ tall.
Q: How long does the trip last?
A: We pick you up at your accommodation about 9.30 am. arriving back at 4.00 pm.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: “Sensible” shoes … not flip-flops or high heels. We provide safety helmets. Any personal belongings can safely be left in the minibus.
Q: Are there any stops?
A: We stop frequently to ensure everyone is comfortable and to explain places of interest on the next section of the ride. So you’ll have plenty of opportunities to take photographs.
A: Bring your own packed lunch or enjoy a delicious soup/stew at the Cannibals Restaurant. We carry fresh spring-water available at any time during the bike ride.
Q: What if I don’t want to do all the ride?
A: You cycle as much or as little as suits you. You can get back into the support minibus any time you want.
What is the cost of the DOWNHILL BIKE RIDE?
Adults: 39.00 €uro – BENIDORM TOURISM PRICE 37.00 €
Children 25.00 €uro (under 16 years of age) – BENIDORM TOURISM PRICE 23.00 €